Speakers at PEPCON are internationally-renowned, best-of-class trainers and experts. This year's event includes:
- David Blatner
- Anne-Marie Concepción
- Russell Viers
- Deke McClelland
- Chris Kitchener, Group Product Manager, InDesign and Illustrator
- Brooks Jensen, Lenswork
- Click for full speaker list
Conference Sessions Will Cover:
- InDesign CS7*
- From InDesign to iPad: Five Paths to Success
- Best Practices for Illustrator,Photoshop, Dreamweaver, and Edge integration
- Creating Reliable Print and EPUB Workflows
- Graphics for ePub and Kindle
- Creating PDF Files that Print: Best Practices
- XML and XSL: One Story, Many Destinations
- Automated Publishing: From Data to Delivery
- Kindle vs. iPad vs. Nook: What You Need to Know
- InDesign Power User Techniques
- The Future is Now: Interactive Documents with Adobe's new Digital Publishing Solution (DPS)
- See the full conference schedule
*Although Adobe has not made any announcement at this time, they have said that they'll likely be on a 12-month cycle for Creative Suite apps so we expect to be able to discuss new features.
Awesome Pre- and Post-conference Tutorials
Due to popular demand, we've added four great pre-conference tutorials* this year. These sessions are on Sunday, April 28, from 12:30 to 5 pm, and space is very limited. Sign up today!
- InDesign: Take it to the Next Level — Every InDesign beginner/intermediate user needs this crash course in how to be efficient in InDesign!
- EPUB Bootcamp: What You Need to Know — The fundamentals of EPUB, all in one place. Learn from an expert how to get started on the right track!
- DPS Bootcamp: Building Folios for Digital Publications — You want to use Adobe's Digital Publishing Suite to make iPad and Android apps. Where to begin? Right here!
- CSS/HTML Bootcamp: What Designers Need to Know — The consensus is in: Every designer needs to know the basics of HTML and CSS. Join us for this intensive but fun tutorial.
Plus, six half-day post-conference tutorials on Wednesday, May 1 include:
- Before & After: Learn Design with John McWade — John taught one of the highest-rated sessions at the 2012 conference, so we've invited him back to teach a half-day tutorial on design essentials and techniques every designer can use.
- Power Suite Techniques: InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator — Learn how to use InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Bridge, and Dreamweaver together for amazing publications!
- Secrets of a Successful Print and PDF Publisher — Brooks Jensen produces one of the most beautiful photograhpy magazines around, both in print and as an interactive PDF. Every publisher owes it to themselves to hear his design and business tips.
- Beyond Print: InDesign to Interactive PDF — Everyone loves PDF, but it's not always obvious how to create the interactive effects you desire. Learn the fundamentals (and cool tips) here.
- InDesign to Kindle: Deep Dive — If you plan on publishing to the Amazon Kindle or Kindle Fire, you need this course. Period.
- Publishing Your iPad App: The Hardest Step Explained — The final steps of publishing an app are usually glossed over, partly because they are, as one publisher put it, "gruelling." See how it's done, and learn how to avoid common mistakes!
*Extra registration fee applies for the pre- and post-conference tutorials
The Print + ePublishing Conference®
April 28 – May 1, 2013
Join the world’s top InDesign experts and members of the Adobe InDesign team, April 28–May 1 in Austin, TX, for the InDesign event of the year! Find answers and valuable insight on the topics publishing for eBooks, print, interactive documents, and more! Be inspired by fresh ideas and new products.
This 2-day multi-track conference is preceeded by a half-day of pre-conference tutorials and followed by a full day of post-conference tutorials.
- Register Online Here
- Print brochure (PDF)
- Conference Location (maps and hotels)
- Frequently Asked Questions
PEPCON: Not your typical InDesign Conference
Founded by world-renowned InDesign experts David Blatner and Anne-Marie Concepción, and dedicated to the proposition that InDesign professionals deserve a great learning experience, the Print and ePublishing Conference brings together over a dozen of the leading InDesign experts minds for three days of non-stop inspiration and education!
Registration is first-come, first-serve, and the last three years sold out—so register early!
You can register for the two-day conference, pre- or post-conference tutorials, three-days, or all four days ("Gold Pass"). Your conference pass includes:
- Admission to all sessions
- Breakfast and networking lunches provided on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday.
- Access to the opening night party
- One-month "all you can eat" subscription to the Lynda.com online training library ($25 value!)
- The InDesignSecrets Top 40 Tips eBook (normally $10)
- Automatic entry into “door prizes” worth over $7,000. Past event prizes have included Adobe Font Folio (20 user pack), the Adobe Master Collection, Adobe Creative Suite, and more!
Group and educational discounts
Group discounts are available: Register 3 or more people at the same and get $50 off each registration! An educational discount of $100 off our current pricing is available to anyone who works at or attends an educational institution. For details, see the online registration form or contact us.
Come for the conference, stay for the weekend
Austin is an amazing place to visit in the late spring! Click here for more information about TX and the conference hotel.