Above: Members of the Adobe InDesign team take questions and get feedback at the 2010 Print and ePublishing Conference in Seattle.
Q: Will I be able to ask questions?
A: Unlike some of the huge, impersonal conferences out there, PePcon is designed for personal interaction — between you and the world-class speakers, and between you and other experts in your field. We encourage you to bring your questions! The PePcon Help Desk will be set up, ready to help problem-solve.
Q: What kind of ROI can I expect from this event? (How can I justify the cost to my boss?)
A: Along with the over $300 of products and services you'll receive, you will:
- Benefit from learning up-to-date best practices, taught by the top experts in the world, covering all aspects of publishing technology (from EPUB to XML, PDF to DPS, and more);
- Meet and network with top experts in the field who can help solve problems on site and in the future;
- Find potential clients, vendors, peers, and software developers with solutions for your needs;
- Discover the newest technology from Adobe and the EPUB standards committee -- including tools and processes you're not even aware of yet -- so you'll be prepared to make good decisions for the next 18 months.
Also, note that you don't have to worry about a per diem for breakfast and lunch, as they're provided!
Q: What if I need to cancel?
A: First, see if you can send someone else from your organization. It's easy to substitute! However, if you really need to cancel your reservation, just tell us no later than two weeks before the event. Once you cancel you will receive a refund of your registration fee minus a $200 cancellation fee. Unfortunately, attendees who cancel less than two weeks before the start of an event, as well as attendees who fail to attend, are responsible for the full registration fee.
What People Are Saying About Us
These are real quotes from recent PePcon attendees:
"Fantastic ground-breaking info, tips and tricks and prognosticating from in-the-trenches industry thought-leaders."
"I found out a lot about InDesign that I never knew!"
"I loved every minute of it. I just wished I could have stayed for the third day."
"I LOVED the conference and am already talking to my employer about returning next year."
"I really like the way David and Anne-Marie created a respectful and friendly community at the conference."
"This was the best conference out of the dozens I have attended throughout my professional life. Well run, great speakers, excellent topics."
The Print + ePublishing Conference™
June 15–18, 2014
PePcon: The Print + ePublishing Conference is an annual event produced by industry gurus David Blatner and Anne-Marie Concepción. PePcon offers world-class, up-to-the-minute information to help designers and publishers understand the newest technologies, and navigate the overwhelming choices involved in publishing to print, tablet, and desktop. Previous events have been held in San Francisco, Washington DC, Austin, and Seattle.
PePcon features the top speakers and experts in the field of print and ePublishing, including best-selling authors, internationally-known trainers, and consultants on the front lines of the publishing industry. We have built a reputation as the premier Adobe InDesign-oriented event in North America, and our speakers are the heart and soul of what makes this the print + epublishing conference
Q: Where is the conference being held?
A: At the beautiful Marriott Magnificent Mile, in the heart of downtown Chicago. If you are arriving from out of town, we have negotiated a special rate at the hotel. For more information on the hotel and location, see our Conference Location page.
Q: I live in the area. How do I get to the event?
A: The The Marriott hotel, in the heart of downtown, is on several bus routes. The Grand Avenue & State Street stop on the Red line is just a few blocks from the hotel. There is also pay-parking at the hotel and several parking lots nearby.
Q: Is there a discount for students or faculty members?
A: Yes, members at accredited universities, colleges, community colleges, or high schools are eligible for $100 off the cost. For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org with proof of your position.
Q: What is the cost of the conference?
A: The cost depends on whether you want to add pre-conference or post-conference tutorials:
- 2-day conference: $895 until April 21 ("early bird discount"). After that date, it is $995.
- Conference plus choice of pre-conference tutorial: $1095/$1195
- Conference plus choice of post-conference tutorials: $1,195/$1,295
- GOLD PASS: Four days, choice of any tutorial and conference session: $1,395 (early bird)/$1,495
You can register using our online registration form.
Q: What is included in the conference registration fee?
A: Besides admission to over 20 sessions packed with information presented by over a dozen internationally-known speakers, you'll get:
- Breakfast and lunch on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday
- A PDF handbook with over a hundred pages of additional information, speaker notes, and useful InDesign reference materials
- A free one-month "all you can eat" subscription to lynda.com, the largest online video training company in our field, with over 50,000 movies on InDesign, Photoshop, Dreamweaver, CSS, EPUB, and more.
- The InDesignSecrets Top 40 Tips eBook
- Automatic entry into “door prizes” worth over $5,000, including the Adobe Creative Cloud, and more!
Q: Can I sign up for one of the post-conference tutorials if I'm not registered for the conference?
A: Yes. To register for the tutorials, use our registration form.