Above: Members of the Adobe InDesign team take questions and get feedback at the 2010 Print and ePublishing Conference in Seattle.
Q: Will I be able to ask questions?
A: Unlike some of the huge, impersonal conferences out there, PEPCON is designed for personal interaction — between you and the world-class speakers, and between you and other experts in your field. We encourage you to bring your questions! The PEPCON Help Desk will be set up, ready to help problem-solve.
Q: What kind of ROI can I expect from this event? (How can I justify the cost to my boss?)
A: Along with the over $300 of products and services you'll receive, you will:
- Benefit from learning up-to-date best practices, taught by the top experts in the world, covering all aspects of publishing technology (from EPUB to XML, PDF to DPS, and more);
- Meet and network with top experts in the field who can help solve problems on site and in the future;
- Find potential clients, vendors, peers, and software developers with solutions for your needs;
- Discover the newest technology from Adobe and the EPUB standards committee -- including tools and processes you're not even aware of yet -- so you'll be prepared to make good decisions for the next 18 months.
Also, note that you don't have to worry about a per diem for breakfast and lunch, as they're provided!
Q: What if I need to cancel?
A: First, see if you can send someone else from your organization. It's easy to substitute! However, if you really need to cancel your reservation, just tell us no later than two weeks before the event. Once you cancel you will receive a refund of your registration fee minus a $200 cancellation fee. Unfortunately, attendees who cancel less than two weeks before the start of an event, as well as attendees who fail to attend, are responsible for the full registration fee.
What People Are Saying About Us
These are real quotes from recent PEPCON attendees:
"Fantastic ground-breaking info, tips and tricks and prognosticating from in-the-trenches industry thought-leaders."
"I found out a lot about InDesign that I never knew!"
"I loved every minute of it. I just wished I could have stayed for the third day."
"I LOVED the conference and am already talking to my employer about returning next year."
"I really like the way David and Anne-Marie created a respectful and friendly community at the conference."
"This was the best conference out of the dozens I have attended throughout my professional life. Well run, great speakers, excellent topics."
The Print + ePublishing Conference™
April 28–May 1, 2013
About PEPCON and InDesignSecrets
InDesignSecrets was launched in 2005 by industry gurus David Blatner and Anne-Marie Concepción, and quickly became the number one Web resource for Adobe InDesign users worldwide. InDesignSecretsLive is the events arm of the organization, presenting seminars and conferences about Adobe InDesign and the publishing industry, including PEPCON: The Print + ePublishing Conference.
Q: Where is the conference being held?
A: At the beautiful Hilton hotel in Austin, Texas, in the heart of downtown. If you are arriving from out of town, we have negotiated a special rate at the hotel. For more information on the hotel and location, see our Conference Location page.
Q: I live in the area. How do I get to the event?
A: The Hilton hotel is across the street from the Convention Center. The Downtown Metro Rail station is just outside the front door of the conference venue. There is also pay-parking at the hotel and several parking lots nearby. There are several different bus stops within a couple of blocks of the hotel.
Q: Is there a discount for students or faculty members?
A: Yes, members at accredited universities, colleges, community colleges, or high schools are eligible for $100 off the cost. For more information, contact email@example.com with proof of your position.
Q: What is the cost of the conference?
A: The cost depends on whether you want to add pre-conference or post-conference tutorials:
- 2-day conference: $795 until March 1 ("early bird discount"). After that date, it is $895.
- Conference plus choice of pre-conference tutorial: $995/$1095
- Conference plus choice of post-conference tutorials: $1,095/$1,195
- GOLD PASS: Four days, choice of any tutorial and conference session: $1,295 (early bird)/$1,395
You can register using our online registration form.
Q: What is included in the conference registration fee?
A: Besides admission to over 20 sessions packed with information presented by over a dozen internationally-known speakers, you'll get:
- Breakfast and lunch on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday
- A PDF handbook with over a hundred pages of additional information, speaker notes, and useful InDesign reference materials
- A free one-month "all you can eat" subscription to lynda.com, the largest online video training company in our field, with over 50,000 movies on InDesign, Photoshop, Dreamweaver, CSS, EPUB, and more.
- The InDesignSecrets Top 40 Tips eBook
- Automatic entry into “door prizes” worth over $5,000, including the Adobe Master Collection, Adobe Creative Suite, and more!
Q: Can I sign up for one of the post-conference tutorials if I'm not registered for the conference?
A: Yes. To register for the tutorials, use our registration form.